question

castrjerim avatar image
0 Likes"
castrjerim asked ·

How to show/get the auction listing type

Hi, First of all, I just want to clarify if there's an Auction listing type. If there is, then I think my next question is valid. As what I've understand, we can get the list of listing types the category has. Basically, every time I tried to get the list of listing types I've always get the following listing types: 1. AdType 2. Chinese 3. Dutch 4. FixedPriceItem 5. LeadGeneration 6. Live 7. PersonalOffer 8. StoresFixedPrice My question now is, how to include in the list the **Auction** type? Is there I need to set in the properties in the ListingType2DurationMap? Hope that makes sense. Thanks
auctionsdk-apilisting-type
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hello castrjerim, You can make use of GetCategoryFeatures API call to know the key meta data details for the selected category. In the response of GetCategoryFeatures API call you will have three containers namely Category, SiteDefaults and FeatureDefinitions. - the Category container will have the features that the valid for that category, the Si - the SiteDefaults container will have the overall site related information - the FeatureDefinitions container will have the allowed values to use with the feature To identify the valid ListingDuration values for a selected category, in the response look for the following tag Note the durationSetID in the above tag and look for the same durationSetID in the FeatureDefinitions.ListingDurations container. The durations will be something like this. Days_3 Days_5 Days_7 Days_10 Best Regards, Devanathan Sampath, eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

castrjerim avatar image
0 Likes"
castrjerim answered ·
Hi Dev, Yes I already did that but my problem is under that listing type **Chinese** there's no duration available to be selected of. I don't know if I miss something that needs to be set. Base on the sample code I get from ebay, the listing type and durations were all dependent to the category you have selected. Is this correct? If yes, then I already did that. Regards, castjerim

devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hello castrjerim, The second item in the list is 'Auction' type format. The 'Chinese' listing type is a single quantity aution format In order to list an item with auction type, you need to set the ListingType to 'Chinese' in your AddItem family of calls. http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/AddItem.html#Request.Item.ListingType Best Regards, Devanathan Sampath, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.