question

neonguy79 avatar image
0 Likes"
neonguy79 asked

finditemsadvanced - totalEntries varies if entriesPerPage changes?

hi, i noticed that if i change the entriesPerPage parameter in my finditemsadvanced calls, the totalEntries changes also in the response, but only if i set descriptionSearch and HideDuplicateItems to true. if i set a higher number to the total entries per page i get a lower number in totalEntries. if i turn off descriptionSearch, the totalEntries remains constant no matter what i set in the request's entriesPerPage. i need to know what is the total search results for my requests, so the entriesPerPage is important to me. is it just me? or this is a known bug? here is a sample api call: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=[____APPID____]&outputSelector[0]=CategoryHistogram&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&keywords=nike%20air%20max%20hyperfuse&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=20&sortOrder=StartTimeNewest&descriptionSearch=true&itemFilter(0).name=HideDuplicateItems&itemFilter(0).value=true&itemFilter(1).name=Condition&itemFilter(1).value=New test it with changing the value for entriesPerPage. thanks, Geza
finditemsadvanceddescriptionsearchentriesperpage
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
neonguy79 avatar image
0 Likes"
neonguy79 answered
Hi Tony, Yes it's still not working for me. :( i just copied and pasted the above link to my browser (with my appid) and changed the entriesperpage value. here are the results: entriesPerPage 100 --- totalEntries 1838 entriesPerPage 50 --- totalEntries 2066 entriesPerPage 20 --- totalEntries 2976 entriesPerPage 3 --- totalEntries 3659 thanks very much that you look into this problem.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.