question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

How to change the category of item under which it is listed?

What is the best way to change the primary category of item on ebay when order is placed on that item? Thanks
ebayebay trading api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I have an item on which an order has been placed and i want to change the primary category of that item but when I give a new category id in ReviseFixedPriceItem call, I get this error "Category change denied. You cannot change the category for this item". Should I End that item and Relist with new category or perform AddFixedPriceItem call after ending that item? What is the good way of handling this situation. HELP!
0 Likes 0 · ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
Hello tesuse-ao0ti9ew, What method you are trying to change category? Regards.
· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I pass the new category (different from the one the item is listed in) in the ReviseFixedPriceItem call to update the category of item. If the order is placed on that item I get the warning "Category change denied. You cannot change the category for this item" and the category is not updated. How to change the category of item with orders?
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.