question

dreamergirl222 avatar image
0 Likes"
dreamergirl222 asked

Authentication failed for FindingService

For the last month I have been getting this error about 50-75% of the time when I call the FindingService Soap call Authentication failed : Missing required credential for authn method I am using http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SECURITY-APPNAME=xxxxxxx (where xxxxxxx is my app id) for a year or so and haven't changed anything. The fact that it only errors 50-75% of the time points to an error on ebay's side.
authentication failedfindingservicemissing required credential for authn method
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Hmm.... Looks like the forum cut off the rest of your call. Can you try again? I've never used SOAP, but I'll fiddle with it via XML.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bangzo_books avatar image
0 Likes"
bangzo_books answered
Authentication failed : Missing required credential for authn method we are having same error in soap

0 Likes"
bangzo_books answered
Soapservice.Url = " http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?X-EBAY-SOA-OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByProduct&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&X-EBAY-SOA-SECURITY-TOKEN=" & strAppid & "&X-EBAY-SOA-SERVICE-VERSION =1.12.0&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB&X-EBAY-SOA-MESSAGE-PROTOCOL=soap11&requestencoding=soap11" Dim Request2 As New FindingAPI.FindItemsByProductRequest Dim pid As New FindingAPI.ProductId pid.type = "ISBN" pid.Value = txteBaySearch.Text Request2.productId = pid Dim response2 As AttariBro.FindingAPI.FindItemsByProductResponse response2 = Soapservice.findItemsByProduct(Request2) No Matter What I do I get This Error Message **| Authentication failed : Missing required credential for authn method**

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
I don't use SOAP, but I think you need to revise some of your URL parameters: From: X-EBAY-SOA-SERVICE-VERSION To: SERVICE-VERSION From: X-EBAY-SOA-SECURITY-TOKEN To: SECURITY-APPNAME From: X-EBAY-SOA-OPERATION-NAME To: OPERATION-NAME From: X-EBAY-SOA-MESSAGE-PROTOCOL To: ...might need to be sent in the header, rather than in the URL.

0 Likes"
bangzo_books answered
Thanks for Reply....I have changed the whole program to use xml and HTTP Post Request and Its works fine now.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Yet another former SOAP user.

rkmini avatar image
0 Likes"
rkmini answered
The error message has nothing to do with the solution. I've found that adding the following header to the request helped. 'Content-Type' => 'application/xml' Other content type such as 'text/xml' do not work.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.