question

djairfix avatar image
1 Like"
djairfix asked

Can I set up a URL of "ebay.shopname.com" ?

I have an eBay store which has a URL of " stores.ebay.co.uk/Revelstone-Models". Revelstone Models is my business name and I own the revelstonemodels.com domain name. I want to set up a sub-domain of " ebay.revelstonemodels.com" This is easy to do, but I need eBay to tell me the IP address of my store. Is this possible ?
url
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
Hello djairfix, I don't think its possible since eBay doesn't create separate IP for individual store. Regards.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
At the very least, you could simply redirect visitors from ebay.revelstonemodels.com to your eBay store at eBay's normal URL. That way you can print your custom store URL on biz cards, etc., and it'll still work. If you opt to do the redirect with "masking", then it'll appear that your eBay store is located at your URL, since it'll be framed in the browser. Warning: this may be against eBay ToS -- framing eBay content -- so you'll need to research that first. It also may negatively affect your SEO/ranking by search engines for your main site, so that's another consideration.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.