question

neonguy79 avatar image
0 Likes"
neonguy79 asked

How to hide appid in client side (javascript) requests

hi, i build a search web application for some time now and i have a problem with hiding my appid in my requests. first i sent all calls from server side with php. this way users couldn't see the appid, everything seemed perfect. and than i realized i have to send all requests from client side (javascript) because of the 18 simultaneous request restriction from one ip. my site simply can't operate with this limit. if i send the requests from the clients, i have 3 max allowed simultaneous call per user. so this is the way to go. the problem is that i always see my appid and affiliate id (and all the other parameters in the request) in my browser when i inspect the site's trafic in the browser. i'm scared to let my appid exposed. is there any way to hide it from the users with client side applications? or eBay handles the case if anything goes wrong? for example somebody send a couple of millions of requests with my appid? i use http get and the Finding API, findItemsAdvanced call. thanks very much, Geza
javascriptappidhideclient-side
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

neonguy79 avatar image
0 Likes"
neonguy79 answered
hi, please guys, i need to know the solution for this problem, so if you know a way to handle it, please share. i plan to start my site in the next weeks, so your help would be really helpful! Also if there's no way doing it in javascript, do i have other options? other client side methods, workarounds maybe? thanks very much! Geza

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
Why don't you encrypt the data with **HTTPS** and **SSL** ? This will encrypt all your request's headers and payloads. That's the only way I see. I hope that helped you. A video that explain : [link text][1] Good luck ! [1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQsKdtjwtYI

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.