question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Reply to a message posted using AddMemberMessageRTQ return with different ExternalMessageID

Reply to a message posted using AddMemberMessageRTQ returns with a different ExternalMessageID for instance: Who | MessageID | ExMessageID | parentMessageId | comment buyer | 16574090 | 1122460010 | none | posted through ebay ask a question seller | unknown | unknown | 1122460010 | posted through the rest API buyer | 16574070 | 1122458010 | unknown |posted through my eBay. I would expect that the second buyer message would have the same ExMessageID as the first message: 1122460010, but instead it has its own ExMessageID, this makes building the messages thread impossible! What am i doing wrong here?
getmymessagesaddmembermessagertqexternalmessageid
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
Vijayta? anything new?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
sandbox - 110143576367

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered ·

Hi

Can you please also provide the item-id for the above example ?

Thanks
· 3 · Share

sandbox - 110143576367
0 Likes 0 · ·
Ok, thanks. I will look into it and get back to you.
0 Likes 0 · ·
$$anonymous$$ avatar image $$anonymous$$ vijayta.developersupport ·
did you have the chance to look at it?
0 Likes 0 · ·
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
anyone?
· 1 · Share

to "solve" the issue, i'm fetching the message related to the ebay user and the itemId, but its most likely to be wrong cause if someone ask two questions i wan't be able to differ the two, please advise! thanks!
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.