question

gamecodemonkey avatar image
0 Likes"
gamecodemonkey asked

UploadSiteHostedPictures returning Picture Services server problem

I'm trying to upload an image to the EPS. The outbound request is: [Big, Long Token] http://s3.amazonaws.com/fp-pi-p/product_original_bb37f5775607b2a69e9b11f4e4bec7ba_CA4V3K19_front.jpg When I include that image as `Item.PictureDetails.PictureURL` in the `AddItem` call, everything is fine. But when trying to `UploadSiteHostedPictures` on the sandbox, I get: ack => "Failure", errors => { short_message => "There was a Picture Services server problem or there is a problem with your picture file.", long_message => "There was a Picture Services server problem or there is a problem with your picture file. Please try again later and if the problem persists, then try again using a different picture file.", error_code=>"21917241", severity_code=>"Error", error_classification=>"RequestError"} For whatever it's worth, I get the same error regardless of the image I try to upload (including things like the Google logo). Help, Please.
sandboxuploadsitehostedpictures
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm seeing the same response intermittently on the sandbox when using the API explorer. I know that not all features are supported on the sandbox so it may be due to that. I can't comment of the production API as I've yet to try it. If its happening there it could very well be a problem at eBay's end.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks, David. Yeah, it does seem to be on their end. Although, I can't speak to production either. I guess it'll be press-and-pray for a little while. ;)
0 Likes 0 ·
FWIW ... I've got the same problem. Trying to upload pictures using UploadSiteHostedPictures from my hard drive. Same error message.
0 Likes 0 ·
I'm also having this problem on sandbox. Please fix ASAP!
0 Likes 0 ·
$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
Issue is Resolved!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This issue is not fixed yet. The error still occurs in sandbox environment.
0 Likes 0 ·
Can you please provide us some sample image for us to reproduce the error.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes"
Hello gamecodemonkey, Thanks for reporting the issue and we have filed this bug, now engineering team is currently working on this issue. I will share an update as soon as the issue is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused. Regards.

Thank you, Mukul. Can you confirm whether this is a bug in production as well?
0 Likes 0 ·
Could you give us an eta on a fix? 1 day, 1 week, 1 month??? I'm trying to finish a project right now and this is now put the development to a stand still...
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes"
Hi, I am also gettig the same issue. I am trying to first upload all my product's images on EPS via "UploadsiteHostedPicture". But in return, sometime Ebay uploads all images, sometime uploads few images and sometime uploads nothing. For all those images, which doesn't upload on Ebay, Ebay gives us error for these images as "There was a Picture Services server problem or there is a problem with your picture file. Please try again later and if the problem persists, then try again using a different picture file." with error code - 21917241. I have also checked the external images URL and image properties, everything is correct. No issue with images. But everytime, i am getting this error. Can you please tell us, Is anything wrong which i am doing? Waiting for your reply.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.