question

viovet_uk avatar image
0 Likes"
viovet_uk asked ·

Why doesn't GetItemTransactions always return the FinalValueFee?

When our system makes a call with the eBay Trading API to the GetItemTransactions endpoint, including the IncludeContainingOrder and the IncludeFinalValueFee tags, why does eBay not always return the FinalValueFee field? I have many examples of this unexpected behaviour, but also many examples of it working as expected.
tradingapigetitemtransactionsfinalvaluefeeincludefinalvaluefee
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
I went through the logs and your request looks good. I also tried to reproduce and I could not. The only thing I can think of is the FVF possibly isn't quite ready just seconds after the transaction completes. I know for GetOrders we often saw mixed results when getting the data right after a transaction completed. Can you try to put a 2 minute buffer in your requests and see if this still happens? This article is for GetOrders, but the same concept, https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1788 Focus on the 2 minute buffer being discussed. If you want to pursue this further I would suggest opening a ticket so you can get faster support.
· 2 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Josh, thanks for looking into this. You say "we often saw mixed results" - as opposed to "we often see" - does that mean that this is no longer an issue when using GetOrders? Is this considered a bug? I have no support hours purchased at present, so cannot open a ticket.
0 Likes 0 · ·
I put that in the past tense because I have not tested GetOrders without the 2 minute buffer in years. So I can't say what the functionality it at this moment. But it is not considered a "bug", as more of a best practice to give our API's a few seconds to update. Two minutes is MORE than enough, but we just wanted to put a safe number into place.
0 Likes 0 · ·
viovet_uk avatar image
0 Likes"
viovet_uk answered ·

Hi Josh, thanks for your reply.

Failing case

One ItemID this has happened with this morning was 151291156092. The timestamp for the response which didn't include a FinalValueFee element was 2014-05-30T08:51:53.631Z.

I've just done a test with the same ItemID and TransactionID and this time the API returned a FinalValueFee of 2.03GBP. The timestamp for that response was 2014-05-30T16:51:39.810Z.

Both calls were identical (the second was copied and pasted into the eBay Developers Program API Test Tool from my log of the first call) and both responses report the build as E873_INTL_APIXO_16845940_R1.

Working case

An example where the response from the API was as expected was for ItemID 161104800039. A response timestamped 2014-05-30T09:17:04.573Z included a FinalValueFee of 1.08GBP.

A similarly identical call from the API test tool also produces a FinalValueFee element in the response, as expected. This second response has the timestamp 2014-05-30T17:05:55.106Z.

Both of the above calls were initially made following the receipt of an AuctionCheckoutComplete notification from eBay.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
I am not 100% sure. If you could include an example ItemID of both I can take a look. Or if you don't feel comfortable with that, you can create a ticket and work with us one on one, http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/default.aspx. If this is indeed a bug you will need to open a ticket any ways (no charge for bugs).

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.