question

gem3624 avatar image
0 Likes"
gem3624 asked

How do I list an item via AddItem WITHOUT a product?

I know that on the main eBay site, it is possible to "continue listing this item without a product" and as long as you have a primary category selected it works fine. I am trying to replicate this same behavior when using the API, but am not sure how. 1. I am definitely setting a "PrimaryCategory" 2. If I try simply leaving out the "ProductListingDetails" tag, it returns an error stating this. 3. If I try putting in a "ProductListingDetails" tag but making it empty, still error. 4. I've also tried filling in 0 for "ProductReferenceID" tag, still error. So yes, I'm stuck on this. What is the proper method for this behavior?
additemproduct
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

Hello gem3624,

There are some catogories which requires Product where some does not, So I would suggest you to use GetCategories API.

Regards.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.