question

mm_ll_kk avatar image
0 Likes"
mm_ll_kk asked

GetItemTransactionsCall shouldn't require modifiedTimeFilter

According to the API, "If you don't specify a ModTimeFrom/ModTimeTo filter, the NumberOfDays time filter is used and it defaults to 30 (days). " I have verified that this is true when I make this call in the API Test Tool--if you don't specify a time filter or a NumberOfDays value, the call returns properly. However, when making this call using the Java SDK, you must include a TimeFilter (containing ModTimeFrom and ModTimeTo) or it throws an error: "ModifiedTimeFilter property is not set.". Even if you set NumberOfDays, it still throws the error. If you look at the code in the GetItemTransactionsCall class itself, it's pretty clear why it's doing this: public TransactionType[] getItemTransactions() throws com.ebay.sdk.ApiException, com.ebay.sdk.SdkException, java.lang.Exception { GetItemTransactionsRequestType req; req = new GetItemTransactionsRequestType(); if( this.itemID == null ) throw new SdkException("ItemID property is not set."); if( this.modifiedTimeFilter == null ) throw new SdkException("ModifiedTimeFilter property is not set."); ... According to the API, this is wrong. Can this be fixed?
ebay trading apigetitemtransactions
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mm_ll_kk avatar image
0 Likes"
mm_ll_kk answered

Bump.

Never got a response on this, and it still hasn't been fixed as of API version 899. This is really irritating, because it renders the NumberOfDays filter unusable, which is ironic, since the documentation says "Perhaps the most useful time filter is the NumberOfDays filter.". I should add that I'm also seeing this in GetSellerTransactions.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi mm_ll_kk, Sorry for the delay in responding. We have reported the issue to our engineering team and will get it fixed in the future SDK release. Thank you for reporting the bug. Best Regards,
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.