question

dudue2004 avatar image
0 Likes"
dudue2004 asked

there is a way to get only one category based on the seach key word

Hi i am using findItemsAdvanced API in order to retrieve results based on the search key word . when i am searching for example "iPhone 5" i am getting some mobile devices and some covers charges , mobile devices are in category mobile and charges cases ... in accessories category . Ebay dont know to identify that if i search Iphone 5 i mean mobile device ? if i want to present cases i was search for Iphone 5 cases / Cover ... or i was need for charger i was search for Iphone 5 charger . there is a way to focus the reasult based on the key word ? Thanks
finditemsadvancedretriveonecategorysmartsearchengine
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
tony.developersupport_deprecated_88e71f8c-89f3-4301-990a-e2f00a0fed48 avatar image
0 Likes"
tony.developersupport_deprecated_88e71f8c-89f3-4301-990a-e2f00a0fed48 answered
Hi, Search result is rank based. If you search for "iPhone 5", the first search results would be from "Cell Phones & Smart Phones" category. But matches from "Accessories" category would be returned in subsequent pages. findItemsAdvanced can not change this behavior. You can use categoryId in the request to filter search results based on category. Regards, eBay Developer Support
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.