question

timr3916 avatar image
2 Likes"
timr3916 asked

Does the sandbox work?

I have been trying to use a sandbox ebay account for some code testing for the first time and have to say it is the worst test environment I have come across. A lot of the links on the sandbox site don't work - so I can't for example configure the account as a business account - instead half the time I get redirected to ebay.com.tw and the rest of the time it returns page not responding. Trying to setup a test store is impossible because all the links on the sandbox store page direct you back to the live site. I have now given up and am just going to put my code live and test it that - not exactly the best way to test. Anyone else found this to be the case....
not working
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I have been through exactly the same problems. Considering Ebay/PayPal is all about online transactions (not to mention the two biggest sites) this test environment is awful.
0 Likes 0 ·
fred2bug avatar image
1 Like"
fred2bug answered
I have been through exactly the same problems. Considering Ebay/PayPal is all about online transactions (not to mention the two biggest sites) this test environment is awful.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
1 Like"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
unbelievably bad so frustrating

mowandsnow avatar image
1 Like"
mowandsnow answered
simple thigns work, but this place has been running on duct tape for too long...

solh2009 avatar image
0 Likes"
solh2009 answered
.... and it's virtually impossible to *gasp* actually communicate with anyone from tech support.

update: I have actually received contact with support - must have just been good timing - but my issues still remain unresolved however.
0 Likes 0 ·
solh2009 avatar image
0 Likes"
solh2009 answered
I also have to add my comment here - The dev environment is almost completely useless and so many things don't work. I honestly can't understand it - a big company like eBay and they clearly don't want to invest in a proper dev environment. I think I will also do the same - simply test on the live site - at least it might actually work!

seadougl-9926 avatar image
0 Likes"
seadougl-9926 answered
Same issues for me. Cannot do any testing because links do not work. They either kick me back to the login page, return an error, or take me to the "developer welcome page". Cannot leave feedback Cannot contact my other test user Cannot link paypal account ...the list goes on. @vijayta.developersupport

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.