question

hasa.har.trbdb5p avatar image
0 Likes"
hasa.har.trbdb5p asked

automated way to build the ebay dataset.,,ebay Finding API results are not same with ebay search results on website

Hi, In ebay webiste( ebay.com)When i give any keyword like harry potter we can see the corresponding results. We can consider them as the query(Keyword) and documents(results) pairs. For my research purpose i need build these dataset having 80 queries and 20 documents for each query. It is very time taking to do manually. I have exlpored ebay developers webiste i found java finding.jar (java archive file). Using this jar we can get the results by "FindItemsByKeywordsResponse" class. But these resulst are not matching with the actual results in the ebay.com website even thought i have used production my id. Can some one help why this is happened. Is there any parameters which i need to include in the request query to get the matching results.,,This is my very first application. I want to build an application to see/store the search results based on keyword. I have a look into the api and felt that find item by keyword is available in Java finding API. I used this and created a simple application which takes a keyword and returns all the related listings. But unfortunately i couldn't find match between ebay website results and application results. I have used both sandbox and production end points but none of them has good match with application. Can some one suggest me what could be problem? Is this API is good for my scenario or any other api? Thanks
finding
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
Hello hasa.har.trbdb5p, You are getting the same results from app just like ebay website, only thing which you need to take care is about pagination and it shows 100 results at once. Regards
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.