question

oztig avatar image
0 Likes"
oztig asked

How do I sell Internationally via the eBay API

Good Morning, I have a customer who wishes to sign up to the International Selling Promotion Link :- http://portal.ebay.co.uk/selling-internationally-on-ebay?_trksid=p2057486.m2236 From what I understand, he will just login into e.g. eBay Australia, or France Using his UK credentials, and be able to list directly there - using local currency etc (But will show as owned by UK store ?) What I was wondering was, how do I do this in the API i.e. how do I list an item for e.g. Australia or France using the UK details - there is no Login as such in the API, just tokens etc for each Store e.g UK, AUS etc. I know how to list directly onto a Country's store e.g. eBay Aus, but not using UK credentials - is it linked to CrossBorder Trade, and if so has anyone a good example of how to use it. Hope this makes sense, Many Thanks, Nick
international listing
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

Hello oztig,

First, Yes you are correct that you can login and list an item to any eBay website using your UK eBay credentials.

Secondly, for fetching the list of items from different international sites just make a GetItem API call corresponding to their site-id in header part and list an item accordingly as per country code and meta data.

Regards.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

briandexter avatar image
0 Likes"
briandexter answered
If you want to create listings on different ebay site, you just have to provide that site_id to which you want post that new Listing (see: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/additem.html#Request.Item.Site). Category_ids are equal accross sites, just shipping methods may differ, which you have to call for according to site_id.
10 |600

davidtsadler avatar image davidtsadler commented ·
eBay Category ID's are not the same across sites. Not sure about store categories. They may be the same across different sites as long as the ebayid is the same.
0 Likes 0 ·
briandexter avatar image briandexter davidtsadler commented ·
There may be some categories on a certain site that dont exist on other sites, but the categories, which exist on all sites have the same category_id. You can try, if you type for example http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cell-Phones-Smartphones-/9355/i.html (id 9355 is categroy id for cellphones & smartphones) and change .com to .de They shortly adjusted the category structure. Store categories are bound to the user account. As a user account is not dependent of the site, store categories aren't as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
oztig avatar image
0 Likes"
oztig answered
Hi All, many thanks for the replies, and the links. I'll try them out and post how I get on. Many Thanks, Nick
10 |600

craftylam avatar image
0 Likes"
craftylam answered
Dear all, I am also working on amazon api and want to list items internationally. I had everything working on sandbox mode but when i switched to live mode i got following error. You must accept the International Selling Agreement before you can list this item on a site other than where you registered or with international shipping options. If you prefer not to accept this agreement, you will need to list only where you registered and choose local postage options in this tool before resubmitting your listing. Please visit http://scgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UserAgreement&agrid=7&aid=1&bc=acbt&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmy.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FMyEbay&fId=4 to accept these terms. even when i follow the link, nothing happens. The agreement appeared at first but now it it says invalid request. I am using US site Thanks, Farzoqe
10 |600

sup_4188 avatar image
0 Likes"
sup_4188 answered

I can't create new auctions via the API from my UK eBay account to eBay.com. I just get:

The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy

I can create the same listing manually on the eBay.com control panel, without issues. The code works fine with eBay.com if the eBay account used is also from eBay.com.

My current work around is to create a dummy listings on eBay.com and then overwrite it, which works (and shows the currency, delivery and other settings are correct) but is obviously time consuming

Any ideas of thing to try would be really welcome. Thanks.

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.