question

tes.uk5 avatar image
0 Likes"
tes.uk5 asked ·

When authorizing my app with eBay API on mobile device, I am having to confirm my identity

I am trying to authorize an existing user on eBay with an iOS app, however am getting a problem with the authorization. If I log in as a newly created first time user, it works fine, however when logging in as a user who has logged in from a different location, the app is getting forwarded onto this url www.kgvrfn.ebay.com to confirm my identity. This breaks my process as I am using a web view to handle this. Has any one faced a similar issue/has a workaround for this? Thanks
signinmobile-appiosmobile
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered ·
Hi Yes, you need to confirm your identity if you log in from a different machine. This is how it is supposed to work. Just FYI, here is the KB : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1346 Thanks
· 2 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

As we're using a mobile app to handle this authorization process, it seems we have to complete it every time the user logs in and out. This would be hugely detrimental to the app we're building. Is there any way around this process at all? Thanks @vijayta.developersupport
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi The identity confirmation flow is for security purpose, so this cannot be avoided but if the flow is not working properly, that is something that needs to be investigated. If a user login through one device, goes through the identity flow and later login again through the same device, then he should not be forced to go through the identity flow again. However, if the user use a different device/location/machine, he will have to go through the flow at least once. Thanks
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.