question

kevmartin avatar image
0 Likes"
kevmartin asked

Add variants to a non-variants item, in relist,Relist an active item - add variants

Hi, I'm trying to find out if it is possible to change an active item (that doesn't have multi-variants) to add variants to it, using the API, and avoid losing sales history. Directly on the site, it is not possible - you have to end the item "and start a new one" according to documentation and ebay live chat. Meaning not a relist, meaning loss of sales history. So I'm just wondering if its possible to sidestep the problem using the API. I use a separate e-commerce shopping cart that is integrated to ebay through API, so possibly it can be used for this purpose. Live help support said they dont know about API issues. Thanks, Kevin
variationsrelisthistory
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
Hello kevmartin, There is no way to change an active item to add variant to it neither through website not through Web API. You can refer to [knowledge base][1] regarding your ‘sales history’ question, Regards. [1]: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2026

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kevmartin avatar image
0 Likes"
kevmartin answered
Thanks for your reply. I was mistaken to refer to the sales history. Sales history is really not a big deal. The important thing to maintain is the 'sales score' as they call it. Sales score is maintained after an end listing and relist, but not after an end listing and start new listing. That's the crucial thing I am looking for a way to handle. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the advice. Thanks, Kevin

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.