question

garyodums avatar image
0 Likes"
garyodums asked ·

How does eBay calculate the initial fee of a listing?

When listing an item to sell using the eBay user interface via the official site, users are given the ability to review all fees that will be charged to their account prior to the completion of the listing. The listing manager on eBay.com factors in both special and promotional offers. However, both of these are omitted by default (the field DiscountReason does return SpecialOffer but not knowing what the special offer is does little good) in the VerifyAddItem call due to its environment being a sandbox used to ensure the integrity of a sample listing. The only alternative I know of is to use the AddItem call, which acts within the official environment, but in doing so the item is listed immediately on eBay prior to knowing the actual cost of the listing. So currently the only approach to a solution, that I'm aware of, is to blindly charge the user which is a problem. If anyone can offer a safer alternative for reviewing the cost of a listing prior to officially uploading to ebay, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks P.S. I understand why VerifyAddItem won't work but does that really leave me with nothing more to use for verifying fees?
sandboxsellinglisting-itemsfeesverifyadditemadditem-feelisting-feespecial-offerlisting-managerpromotional-offer
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
Hello garyodums, There is no way to review cost prior and VerifyAddItem does not guarantee the correct prices/discounts. Please refer this [knowledge Base article][1]. Regards [1]: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1710
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.