question

ssisurplus avatar image
0 Likes"
ssisurplus asked

just getting started and quick observations/question - Ebay private API calls?

As subject says, I'm just getting started with the Ebay api and doing mostly testing/research right now. To get an idea of how to go about doing some things I figured I'd see 'how' Ebay's own Turbo Lister went about looking up items, gathering info, etc. I set up an intermediate proxy to monitor the calls that TL made and noticed some calls to things like... GetItemEvents, GetUserNotes, GetItems (with an s) and unless I'm missing something, none of these are part of the API we are supposed to use. I can see how TL is going about it's business, but I'm assuming Ebay has some of their own API calls that we can't use, such as those used by TL? It's still helping and I'm slowly finding the function calls I believe I'm looking for, but given that initially I can only make 5000 calls a day something like 'GetItems' could cut down on the calls I'd need to make to get all the detail on our 9000 listings vs. 'GetItem'....or am I missing another equivalent call or the documentation on GetItems altogether?
apigetitem
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Check out the (public) eBay API call [GetMultipleitems][1] for obtaining item info... [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/shopping/docs/CallRef/GetMultipleItems.html
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
First off, yes you are correct, we do have Private API's. Secondly, the 5k per day limit is just an initial limit we set for everyone. That can be raised by completing an app check, https://go.developer.ebay.com/developers/ebay/support/certification
10 |600

ssisurplus avatar image
0 Likes"
ssisurplus answered
Thanks for both answers. Already have made a lot of progress since I initially posted. Currently using GetSellerList, but thanks for the link to GetMultipleItems and confirming that some of the calls are indeed private.
10 |600

halilmumun avatar image
0 Likes"
halilmumun answered
All eBay SDK is a spaghetti coding ..useless unnecessary fields....as usual bullshits.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.