question

buff3r avatar image
0 Likes"
buff3r asked ·

Detailed Product Descriptions

Hi,

I am a new developer interested in displaying extensive product detail for visitors to a website.

I've tried several different APIs in order to retrieve this information from eBay, especially the Product, Product Metadata, and Trading APIs.

The particular call I've focused on previously is the getProductsDetail() call, in the Products API, which seems to contain basic product details.

For example:

Product id (epid): 1981826

and returns:

CP_NAME : Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Men: Simple Ways to Minimize Stress in a Competitive World by Richard Carlson (2001, Paperback)

ISBN : 0786886366

Publication Year : 20010000

Format : Paperback

Publisher : Hyperion Books

EAN : 9780786886364

I am looking for a more detailed description, as is found on the page for, say, a Playstation 3:

Product Description Indulge yourself in the world of gaming with the new-generation PlayStation 3 Slim. This Sony PS3 console boasts an integrated Blu-Ray Disc drive, letting you enjoy graphics in cool high-definition. With PlayStation Network, PlayStation Eye, and Internet, this gaming console makes sure you stay connected over the web. The music, photos, PlayStation video store, and VidZone on this Sony PS3 console entertain you like never before. This gaming console features ample storage capacity, so you can load all your games. The virtual world of intense action and fantastic lands await you on the PlayStation 3 Slim.
  Product Identifiers Brand Sony Model 3 Platform Sony PlayStation 3 Slim UPC 027242263420   General Product Line Sony PlayStation Type Console Color Charcoal Black Device Input Support Game pad Video Color Output Color   Audio Audio Output Support Stereo   Power & Battery Power Source Types Power Supply - internal   Dimensions Depth 11.42 in. Height 2.56 in. Weight 7.05 lb Width 11.42 in.   Technical Details CPU Cell Broadband Engine Supported Media BD-ROM, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM Resolutions 1920 x 1080 Internet Connectivity Wireless Ram Capacity 256 MB   Graphic Regions Supported NTSC Memory Capacity 256 MB   Hard Drive Hard Drive Capacity 160 GB  

eBay Product ID: EPID100237195

See an error? Let us know

My question is:  Is there any way to retrieve the precise product description above programmatically through the public eBay API?

Andrew

ebay-trading-apicatalog-metadataebay-product-api-soap
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
InactiveAutoUser avatar image
0 Likes"
InactiveAutoUser answered ·

What method did you use to get the call to go through?

Perhaps you can post the code you used.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.