question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

changing item custom label

Hello, we use eBay Selling Manager Pro and it's custom label field for products. We use Finding API (FindItemsAdvanced) to get auctions modified in a specified time range also. I'm able to get modified listing when I change for example title, but when I change only custom label (also if I revise & save a listing, it doesn't help), the last modified date not update itself, so I cannot see this listing as recently modified. We think there's a bug in eBay, is there a way to workaround? Because we aren't able to know if custom label change on eBay. Thanks too look at this, Eve
finding-apiinventorycustom-label-fieldfind-items-advanced
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
1 Like"
jourbandts answered
Sorry I wasn't more clear. Since a value like the customLabel is NOT returned by the Finding API, it is NOT considered a modification to the item. So the modified time WILL NOT change. Basically what I am saying to you is there is not bug or work around when using the Finding API. You can try looking at GetSellerEvents to see if this will do what you need, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GetSellerEvents.html#GetSellerEvents. But you would need the seller's token to use this API.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
Since a value like the customLabel is not returned by the Finding API, it is not considered a modification to the item. So the modified time will not change. If you change something that is returned by findItemsAdvanced...such as title, then you will see it modified. Which is what you are currently noticing.

You actually didn't answer my question... You just wrote what I noticed on my own. Should I understand there is no way to do what I want?
0 Likes 0 ·
Sorry I wasn't more clear. Since a value like the customLabel is NOT returned by the Finding API, it is NOT considered a modification to the item. So the modified time WILL NOT change. Basically what I am saying to you is there is not bug or work around when using the Finding API. You can try looking at GetSellerEvents to see if this will do what you need, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GetSellerEvents.html#GetSellerEvents. But you would need the seller's token to use this API.
0 Likes 0 ·
I only need to get item from one, specify seller, and I have his token, so this solution seems good for me. Please post it as reply, so I can mark it as accepted ;) Thanks very much.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.