question

cruvadom2 avatar image
0 Likes"
cruvadom2 asked ·

FindCompletedItems and sellingStatus

Hello all, I'm using the FindingAPI function FindCompletedItems, and the returned value under the field sellingStatus.sellingState is always "Ended" but never "EndedWithSales" or "EndedWithoutSales". This can not be! How do I make it tell me whether the listing was ended with sales or without? Thanks!
findcompleteditemsfinding-api-findcompleted
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered ·
I think I have a solution for you. Thanks for posting the txt file with your API call request. Lots of detailed info in there. Since I haven't used the eBay SDK, I decided to test your API call by converting it to a simple REST/GET call. But even before I got to adding in the various call filters that you included, just a basic call started exhibiting the behavior you've spoken about. The solution is to specify a current X-EBAY-SOA-SERVICE-VERSION . Instead of 1.0.0 as you use (perhaps that's hardcoded into the SDK?), switch that to 1.12.0 and it should work. Try these examples, only differing by Service Version: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=________________&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=pendent http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=________________&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=pendent That simple switch, at least for me, makes all the difference, and now includes EndedWith/WithoutSales data, instead of just "Ended". Try it with the SDK and see if the solution works there too. If it doesn't work, perhaps you can use these REST calls instead. Theoretically one shouldn't need to make this change. Even in your original captured response in the txt file, eBay states it uses 1.12.0 ('x-ebay-soa-service-version': '1.12.0',) ...but this is obviously a bug that depends on the input parameter.
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazingly enough changing the 'X-EBAY-SOA-SERVICE-VERSION' does change the result on this matter. Problem is, now all listings are returned as "EndedWithSales" instead of "Ended", but never "EndedWithoutSales"! Sounds like a bug indeed... Is there any workaround that you can think of, or am I stuck?
0 Likes 0 · ·
clickimusprime avatar image
1 Like"
clickimusprime answered ·
Looks like EndedWithoutSales is only supported for 14 days after which they are removed from the listings and only sold items show.
· 2 · Share

Seems right! How did you know that?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Seems right! How did you know that? I was looking all over and couldn't find any statement like that.
0 Likes 0 · ·
cruvadom2 avatar image
0 Likes"
cruvadom2 answered ·
Thanks for the help Helios825 and clickprime. It seems the solution was in 2 parts, changing the API version and then changing the dates. I chose to accept Helios's answer as it was first, and it seems that he invested long time in it. Thank you both!

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
I didn't know it. I tested it. Please use the answer feature at the bottom instead of the individual post comments feature. the comments are getting buried at the end of each individul post. It's like a thread within a thread, Really irritating design.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I did a quick test: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=___________&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=gold ...and am not seeing the problem you speak of. I'm getting all EndedWith/WithoutSales data. Can you please post a sample URL? Maybe it's a quirk that's country/site dependent, or dependent on some other variable.
· 1 · Share

My problem persists... I'm attaching a text file with my exact request and response. Could it be the headers or something like that? I'm using the python SDK.[link text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/ 98-ebaydata.txt
0 Likes 0 · ·
ebaydata.txt (188.5 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.