question

arglebargle1961 avatar image
0 Likes"
arglebargle1961 asked

Why am I getting "Please specify a File with Valid Format" when I increase the file size?

I'm getting very frustrated with this error (#11). I successfully have downloaded a list of product IDs for the purpose of marking them for Out of Stock control. For the bulk upload I have a collection of ReviseFixedPriceItemRequest items. I got everything working correctly and tested marking only a limited number of items. However, when I removed my throttle on the number of items to mark, I got an error when uploading ("Please specify a File with Valid Format") and I have no real clue why. By trial and error, I found it wasn't the number of requests that was the problem, but the size of the file. Depending on the entries I selected, about 177-180 requests would produce a file size of between 1475 bytes and 1500 bytes. When the file size reached 1495 bytes, I got an error and if it was 1494 bytes or fewer, the file went through successfully. I can think of nothing to account for this problem I'm having. I even used a test web server I had to see if the whole post was being sent and it was. I'm completely stumped. Any suggestions?
revisefixedpriceitembulkdataexchangeapi
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
From your description I am assuming you are using LMS? If that is the case the max size is 15MB. So it doesn't seem the file size would be the issue. If you can send me a JobID of a failed attempt I will take a look.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
arglebargle1961 answered
@jourbandts Not using LMS, but here are job IDs and file references. I am using purely XML. I know the LMS example is using SOAP but I am not. That's probably the biggest difference. Success jobID "5260981578" fileRef "5249745468" Failure jobID "5260982078" fileRef "5249745758"
10 |600

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
I apologize, but I am confused. If you are not using LMS, what are you using to do your bulk uploads? When I say LMS, I am referring to https://go.developer.ebay.com/developers/ebay/products/large-merchant-services
10 |600

0 Likes"
arglebargle1961 answered
Now in turn I'm confused. Yes, I'm using the LMS, but I mentioned contrasting my program which is just using XML versus the LMS sample program which uses SOAP. I hoped that was clarification, not misdirection. I also included job and file IDs of uploads that, in turn, succeeded and failed.
10 |600

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
Ok I got it. You had thrown me off with that "not using LMS". From what I can see in the input file of JobID 5260981578, everything looks fine. Actually I took your exact file and used it to upload on my account (just changing the itemID's), and it all worked. So we probably will need more info and have to work with you one on one as much of this info is private. I would suggest opening a support ticket, https://go.developer.ebay.com/developers/ebay/forums-support/support
10 |600

arglebargle1961 avatar image arglebargle1961 commented ·
I notice you mentioned changing the IDs. Did you try it without changes? Because I found that changing IDs can produce a shorter gz file which uploads properly. I also notice you tried the JobID of the one that I said was successful. What happened when you used the data from the failed job 5260982078?
0 Likes 0 ·
jourbandts avatar image jourbandts commented ·
I could not download the file for JobID 5260982078, so I couldn't use it. And I had to change the OrderID's because I didn't want to affect your orders. In order to continue getting help I would suggest opening a support ticket.
0 Likes 0 ·
noveltylightsinc avatar image
0 Likes"
noveltylightsinc answered
test
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.