question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Wrong shipping detail (name, state, street...), totally wrong compare to eBay website

Hi, I am using ebay api eBay.Service.Call.GetOrdersCall.GetOrders and I found that the ShippingAddress of one order retrieved via this API is totally different compare to what I saw in ebay website (selling management). I have randomly check some orders, only this one is incorrect, I am not sure if there are any other orders which have the same issue because I have only used ebay API for days. please help me out. the ORDER ID is: 121137962263-1258065312002 Thank you in advance. Best Regards, Lei.
getorderincorrect shippingaddress
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Yup I saw it. Once that is resolved I will update this thread for everyone else to see too. Thanks.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
Hi @jourbandts Thank you for your reply, I have opened a ticket and wait for the response then. ref#140330-000004

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
No I don't think it is possible for the buyer to change his address. But I am not 100% sure. I also don't see why there would be a shipping difference between the API GetOrders and the UI. So there may be a bug. I would suggest opening a ticket here, http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/. There are no charges for bugs.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
Hi, @jourbandts , thank you and I may need your guide. I still keep finding discrepancy here, and the address both seem a valid address belong to the buyer. Seller does not change the address in Selling Manager Pro, that's for sure. Maybe there are some other reasons? What I want to do is trying to get correct shipping address via GetOrdersCall, then we can post the products to buyers. We dont want to send items to a wrong address or buyer's former address. For now, we use address displayed in Selling Manager Pro as the bible. We manually use the address from Selling Manager Pro if there is a discrepancy. That sounds terrible, right? :( Please help me . thank you.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
This could be as expected. It really depends on what the buyer does after he completes checkout of the item. When the seller updates the shipping address from the UI on ebay.com, they are technically using Selling Manager Pro. Selling Manager has its own copy of shipping address, which is originally copied from the checkout shipping address. If a seller updates the address in Edit Sales Record page, or ReviseSellingManagerSaleRecord API, it only updates this shipping address in Selling Manager Pro. It does not update the original checkout shipping address where both the SoldReport and GetOrders get their information. So that is one reason why you might see a discrepancy.
· 1 · Share

Hi, thank you for ur reply. I have checked with our seller, they didn't change the address in Selling Manager Pro or ReviseSellingManagerSaleRecord API. So, would it be possible that, the buyer himself change the shipping address after he completes the checkout? If so, which address will be the latest (correct) one, shippingaddress from getorders API or displayed in Selling Manager Pro? And is there any logs wich I can get more detail like who and when this update happened. Thank you very much.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.