question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

How can I set and get the invoice number in the Selling Manager Pro via the API

Hi, how can I set and get the invoice number in the Selling Manager Pro via the API (using C#)? GetSellingManagerSaleRecord doesn't contain the invoice number (both OrderStatus.SellerInvoiceNumber as well as SellingManagerSoldTransaction[i].InvoiceNumber are null). And I haven't the slightest clue, where I could set it via the API. Thanks in Advance.
invoice number
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
I see the invoice number in the docs....but where are you actually generating the invoice number or seeing it within ebay.com? I need to see the point of reference to see if there is a way to retrieve it.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
The picture below shows the invoice number (picture taken from the german Selling Manager Pro). Open the sales record of a sold item by clicking on the sales record number. Then when you scroll to the bottom you can find the invoice number in the category Miscellaneous (not visible for the buyer). So the question is, if I can read out that field and fill it via the API, or only via the webinterface. (Translations german to english may not be spot on, sorry for that.) ![Where is the Invoice Number][1] [1]: /storage/temp/94-rechnungsnummer.png

rechnungsnummer.png (13.8 KiB)

Do you mind if I can get the eBay SellerID and the sales record number so I can see if live?
0 Likes 0 ·
enveloppebulle avatar image
0 Likes"
enveloppebulle answered
I've the same problem : we generate the invoicenumber within the ebay interface (via button then we print the invoice..). I can get all infos with the GetSellingManagerSaleRecord call except **OrderStatus.SellerInvoiceNumber** and **SellingManagerSoldTransaction[i].InvoiceNumber**, and I really need this info. What's wrong with that ? anyone can help us ? I tryed to do the call in both ways "only OrderLineItemID" and "ItemID / TransactionID" : same result.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
Thanks for the details. I am not sure if this is expected behavior or a bug. If you could open a ticket with us (free of charge), http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/, I can open a bug with our PD team and see what the issue might be.

hello are you sure it'll be free of charge ? if I click on "request support", I've got this message : "All Support Requests are charged at 30 minute increments. Charges for incidents which are determined to be caused by eBay code defects may be refunded at eBay's discretion. Minimum charge for a support request including bug report triage time is 30 minutes...."
0 Likes 0 ·
I referenced this post and the request by jourbandts explicitly, so if anyone would try to charge money, I would refuse paying because of this.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes"
A ticket has been opened with reference# 140331-000002. Thank you jourbandts for your continued help.

oh great ! thanks @milcondoin (and @jourbandts). Keep us informed if it's a bug or if we missed something ;) have a nice day
0 Likes 0 ·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
Yeah, I think you have to pay up front to open a ticket, but that is to purchase support hours. But I won't actually charge for the ticket (charge any time) because I asked to create one and it could possibly be a bug or an enhancement request. So essentially that purchased hour stays on file and I won't deduct any time if that makes sense. So at a later time if you need to open another ticket you still will have that purchased time.

0 Likes"
I wasn't asked to purchase any hours up front, when I activated for my account the function to be able to use the support tickets.

enveloppebulle avatar image
0 Likes"
enveloppebulle answered
Is there any news about this problem ? Can we manage to get the InvoiceNumber ?? @milcondoin : any idea ?

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
Not yet, we have a bug open to try to find the answer. I will update once I hear back. Thanks everyone for their patience.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
HI guys, How did you get that field to show up within My eBay in the first place? When I create test orders, and then click on the SMP number to see that field in the UI, it is not available for me, not on US or Germany. I am trying to reproduce this issue for PD so they can see where/how the number comes into play.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.