question

bluestang5 avatar image
0 Likes"
bluestang5 asked ·

Serious Error: 518 Call usage limit has been reached.

Hello,

Today @ 12:15pm EST we received an error code 518: Your application has exceeded usage limit on this call, please make call to GetAPIAccessRules to check your call usage. on our third party shipping application. We contacted Them and reported the issue, they were aware of the problem and informed us that this was a Ebay API issue. We called Ebay and they informed us that the only solution was to post on this form about the current error that we are receiving. So here we are, reporting this error. Does anyone know what (518: Call usage limit has been reached.) means? Is this affecting everyone, or just us? And is there anything that we can do to fix this error. If this is a error with ebay, what is the ETA for when this issue can be resolved. Please advise. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

serious-error-518
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered ·
@ themusic24 Please refer to the link: https://go.developer.ebay.com/api-call-limits

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

themusic24 avatar image
0 Likes"
themusic24 answered ·
@tony.developersupport The link you provided is not free... it is asking me to sign up for premium support. :-(

ponyboynol avatar image
0 Likes"
ponyboynol answered ·
We are not developers, but Sellers, and uncertain why this answer was directed to us / Even so, we have repeatedly experienced the issue noted, and communicated with Auction Wizard / Their reply indicates they have been working with Ebay for an extended period of time, seeking a resolution / Not problem updating our online auction lots via Auction Wizard interaction with the Ebay website early in the day, but late in the evening, we receive the error message and nothing is update in Auction Wizard. Thanks for the efforts / SB

tony.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
tony.developersupport answered ·
Hi ponyboynol, The application developer has to open a request for call limit increase. It is a simple process and free of cost. A request can be opened here: http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/app_check/Default.aspx Regards, eBay Developer Support.
· 1 · Share

I've been trying to fill out the for to request a call increase, but I keep getting an error - "An error occurred while processing your request." I've filled it out twice so far, and both times gave me that message (quite frustrating, considering all of the details required). The one thing I do not get is that I'm still just developing - it's not even close to being live, yet I like to test it out as I'm working on it, but hitting this limit really is frustrating my development. Please advise. -- Jamen
0 Likes 0 · ·
ponyboynol avatar image
0 Likes"
ponyboynol answered ·
Seems this is an issue for "developers" and not Ebay sellers who simply utilize a third party auction program, such as Auction Wizard, which is mine ~ Auction Wizard has been notified, and having no clue who needs to communicate with who to resolve this issue, hopefully Ebay will choose to explore and rectify.

tony.developersupport_deprecated_88e71f8c-89f3-4301-990a-e2f00a0fed48 avatar image
0 Likes"
tony.developersupport_deprecated_88e71f8c-89f3-4301-990a-e2f00a0fed48 answered ·

Applications that use eBay API has a call limit of 5000 calls per day. This call limit can be increased to 1.5 million calls per day by going through the Compatible Application Check. http://developer.ebay.com/support/certification/

You can find more details of the error here : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=822

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.