question

sarita555 avatar image
0 Likes"
sarita555 asked ·

Ebay Compatible Application Check Questions

Hi, I need to apply for the eBay Compatible Application test. But I have some doubts, it would be great if anyone could help me out. We have a desktop app within which we are integrating eBay. Now the users who want to add their eBay account to the App would authorize us to make trading API calls(in our case only GetOrders) on their behalf. On the server we store the userAuthToken for every users. Now when the desktop app makes a search call (say getOrders), the server validates the user and using his userAuthToken makes the call. So in my case the number of request made to the eBay server would depend on the connected users. It might be very large. What would __simultaneous__ __thread__ in my case be? Would it be the number of API calls made? If yes, it would definitely exceed the 18 threads limit. What should be done in such case? I use PHP on the server. Only the GetORders API call would be used and we cannot predict the __Call__ __Volume__ __Estimate__ of that since that depends on the requests made by the user. Will specifying a random number work? Since it is a desktop application there wouldn't be any __XSS__ __attacks__ or __CSRF__ __attacks__, all the user order and purchase history details would be stored on the users computer so no __SQL__ __injection__ too. What should I specify for these fields then? Last question, what is __Message__ __field__ column in the form? Does it mean error messages or BuyerCheckoutMessage of getOrders result? Please help.
getorderscompatibility-checkthreads
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
We use a specific algorithm to determine a "simultaneous thread". But a few variables are AppID, eBayAuthToken, IP Address, and etc. So if you are making request for different seller's we don't count that as a simultaneous thread. What we are looking to do it an application getting stuck in an infinite loop. So you should be fine. For message field please refer to the following, https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=694
· 3 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for responding! Yes we make calls for different sellers but we use their userAuthToken and AppID of our Application. So I guess specifying thread as 1 would work right? What about 'Call Volume Estimate' does that also refer for single seller? And not specifying XSS attacks , CSRF attacks or Sql injection shouldn't be a problem?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thanks for responding! Yes we make calls for different sellers but we use their userAuthToken and AppID of our Application. So I guess specifying thread as 1 would work right? What about 'Call Volume Estimate' does that also refer for single seller? And not specifying XSS attacks , CSRF attacks or Sql injection shouldn't be a problem?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yes specifying 1 thread is fine. The call volume is the total call volume you expect across all sellers. The API daily limit is per AppID, and 1 AppID can have many sellers tokens associated with it. And if XSS and CSRF and etc don't apply, you can just put NA.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.