question

muhaha_955 avatar image
0 Likes"
muhaha_955 asked

Can you create multiple Auction for the same SKU?

Hi, I have an Auction item with multiple quantities so how can I add all these Auction items with the same SKU and same listing id ? is it possible?

publish offerauctionpublish
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michab2003 avatar image michab2003 commented ·

yes. but i would create a multi-variant item.

0 Likes 0 ·
muhaha_955 avatar image muhaha_955 michab2003 commented ·
Can you please suggest how Can I create a multi-variant for auction? like I have a book with 5 quantities. when I publish one item and add a bid duration like 3 Days. After 3 days I want t publish the next item Quantity and maybe we can publish all quantities at once. So how can I achieve this.
0 Likes 0 ·
michab2003 avatar image michab2003 muhaha_955 commented ·

pardon, my mistake. i guess multi variant is only possible to for fixedprice items ;)

the docu says "Item.Quantity value for an auction listing should always be 1."
so I guess you simply "relist" the item after it has been sold. in case a "relist" is possible with auction, I don´t know, check the docs. with a relist you would just duplicate the old item. the other solution I guess is just to make as many listings as the number of books you have. another solution maybe to make a fixedprice item with a minim-best-offer price and multi variants....

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
kegui_84 avatar image
0 Likes"
kegui_84 answered

Hi, on this same topic, if we list an auction, and it got a bid, then if we relist the same auction, will this create a clone so we'll have both running? (this is what we need), if so, the clone one will get a different listingId?

for example, we listed one item, sku 123, qty 1, and it is auction, then this item got a bid, so we want to publish another of the same item but it'll be a different listing, so both will be live at the same time, can we just publish the same item again and ebay since the previous one has a bid, will show both?

We are using the new json apis for listing items

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michab2003 avatar image michab2003 commented ·

beside the fact that you are not allowed to sell the same item more than once: what´s the problem creating multiple action items ? the SKU is just a string field, there are no limits or checks behind that field - but only if you are working with the trading API. in this stupid inventory rest API, there the SKU is the unique identifier (if i am not wrong here) - so you would be forced to add a counter behind your SKU. but anyway, for me the inventory API is the wrong concept for your needs.

0 Likes 0 ·
kegui_84 avatar image
0 Likes"
kegui_84 answered

Hey @michab2003 any idea about this?

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.