question

greba-7473 avatar image
0 Likes"
greba-7473 asked

Is there any way to place a bid using the API without having special access granted?

Hello,

I would like to place a bid on a given item using the API. I took a look on the Offer API Call 'placeProxyBid', but it seems that, right now, this call is only available to developers with special access rights. The other option I saw was using the Trading API with a 'PlaceOffer' call. Unfortunately, that call seems to be available only to developers that have been granted access as well. So is there any way to place a bid right now without having special access rights?

Thank you in advance!
Kind regards,

Gregor

buyapi
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michab2003 avatar image michab2003 commented ·
i guess you have to convince ebay that your app is no auto-bid-service, then you might have a chance.
0 Likes 0 ·
greba-7473 avatar image greba-7473 michab2003 commented ·

According to ebay "Bid sniping—including the use of software that places bids for you—is allowed on eBay, but it doesn’t guarantee you’ll win an auction." So I cannot see the problem here ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
michab2003 avatar image michab2003 greba-7473 commented ·
oh, funny. i wasn´t aware of that. i do only remember the past where - if I am not wrong - this was not allowed. so in that case, i guess you have to open a support ticket and just ask and explain what u are going to build.
1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.