question

jacnor9843 avatar image
0 Likes"
jacnor9843 asked

Root Cause For Category ID is Invalid

Hey everyone,

I am currently running schema version 739. I am trying to push out listings via XML, but I keep getting an error that categories I am pushing up are invalid. I know this is not true, as I pulled these categories straight from eBay's September 2022 category changes. I think the issue, from what I have seen, is related to the siteID. On my schema version, eBay motors is 14 ( I know it is 100 now) and US is still 0. I have made sure that the siteid going out as part of the request matches the siteid I am sending up in the xml, but I can not seem to list any automotive categories, whether I send to motors or us. I had to list a part as a camera just to get the listing up. Any idea on what I may need to do? Please ask questions if I need to provide something.

categoryidsiteid
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jacnor9843 avatar image
0 Likes"
jacnor9843 answered

So, I actually happened to be at SEMA when I posted this question. I spoke to eBay Motors team, no technical staff there, though, but they were able to tell me at least just to make sure SiteID was 100. 14 did not work in any capacity, and neither does sending straight to eBay us apparently. Since our schema is outdated, I had to jury rig a bit, but on the outbound XML I have

SiteID = 100

Site = eBay Motors

And also as a part of the request you need to specify that you are sending to SiteID = 100. This seemed to have worked for me.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jitendra_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
jitendra_developersupport answered

Hi @jacnor9843,

Please execute the GetCategories call of Trading API or getCategoryTree call for Taxonomy API to retrieve the latest category hierarchy for an eBay marketplace.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/GetCategories.html

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/commerce/taxonomy/resources/category_tree/methods/getCategoryTree

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.