question

mictemes_82 avatar image
0 Likes"
mictemes_82 asked

API Auth token Which is what?

Hi,

I want to create inventory items on ebay to sell via api. I use this Package BenMorel / ebay-sdk-php

I don't understand from where do i get this credentials I have devid, appid and certid but I'm very confused by this auth stuff. I can create an oauthUserToken here https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/account/tokens/?index=0&auth_type=oauth but this is valid only a few hours. Is this the right token? (It's only valid a few hours - why write it in the config file?)

and where do I get this 'YOUR_SANDBOX_USER_TOKEN_APPLICATION_KEY'

'sandbox' => [

'credentials' => [

'devId' => 'YOUR_SANDBOX_DEVID_APPLICATION_KEY',

'appId' => 'YOUR_SANDBOX_APPID_APPLICATION_KEY',

'certId' => 'YOUR_SANDBOX_CERTID_APPLICATION_KEY',

],

'authToken' => 'YOUR_SANDBOX_USER_TOKEN_APPLICATION_KEY',

'oauthUserToken' => 'YOUR_SANDBOX_OAUTH_USER_TOKEN',

'ruName' => 'YOUR_SANDBOX_RUNAME'

],

Thanks in advance
Michael

apikey
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michab2003 avatar image michab2003 commented ·
oh boy... first: don´t use an sdk that is older than a dinosaur. even if someone made the mistake of upgrading a few things to make it work with PHP 8, this still is entirely outdated. because the trading API is so old, it might still work. but you are talking about using the inventory API, and this has nothing to do with the trading API. so do yourself a favor and build your own SDK, which is only a few clicks. the result looks like this. for the inventory API, you only work with the oauth token (and refresh token). the SDK is entirely wrong, forget it.
1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
mictemes_82 avatar image
0 Likes"
mictemes_82 answered

ok thanks for pushing me in the right direction

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.