question

slocoolstuff avatar image
0 Likes"
slocoolstuff asked

GetOrders API call returning results outside of the scope of the request

Hello all, I am hopeful that you can help with this issue that I am experiencing. I am developing a PHP script to download completed eBay orders using the GetOrders API call. I only want to download orders that have been completed (paid) since the last time that the script has run. From reading the GetOrders documentation I am under the impression that setting ModTimeFrom to be the latest order->CheckoutStatus->LastModifiedTime from the previously downloaded orders, stored in a mySQL DB paired with setting OrderStatus to 'Completed' should give me the results I want. However, this call is returning older orders that do not fit with the query options. Example XML query and code snippet below. Can anyone see what I'm missing, or is this a bug with GetOrders? XML Request: $xmlstr = " tokengoeshere 2014-03-03T20:58:42.000Z Completed ReturnAll en_US High " PHP: $eBayGetOrdersRequest = new SimpleXMLElement($xmlstr); //Call eWS here $URI = ' https://api.ebay.com/ws/api.dll'; $http_headers = array('Content-Type: text/xml', 'X-EBAY-API-COMPATIBILITY-LEVEL:859', 'X-EBAY-API-DEV-NAME:snip', 'X-EBAY-API-APP-NAME:snip', 'X-EBAY-API-CERT-NAME:snip', 'X-EBAY-API-SITEID:0', 'X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME:GetOrders'); $ch = curl_init(); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $URI); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $http_headers); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, TRUE); curl_setopt($ch, CURLINFO_HEADER_OUT, TRUE); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, array('xml' => $eBayGetOrdersRequest->asXML())); $eBayGetOrdersResult = new SimpleXMLElement(curl_exec($ch));
getordersgetorders-ebay-apiapi-getordersapi-url-style-getorders
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
This is a known issue in which we have no ETA for. If you want you can open a support ticket with us free of charge, http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/default.aspx. Actually it would help our case to push a bug fix through faster if you did report this bug to us.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

slocoolstuff avatar image
0 Likes"
slocoolstuff answered
@jourbandts Thanks for your prompt feedback. I have done so - Question reference #140304-000022. Please keep me updated with any new information related to this issue and/or workarounds you might think of! Again thank you, Eric

@jourbandts As an update, I have been told pretty much the same by the support team - they are aware of this issue and there is no ETR at this time. Hopefully this critical issue will be fixed soon, but I'm not holding my breath. For now I'm trying to make do with CreateTimeFrom instead, as this query seems to not be broken.
0 Likes 0 ·
briandexter avatar image
0 Likes"
briandexter answered
Same here on Ebay.de. I experienced this behavior since today, everything was fine until yesterday. We call for our orders using the numberOfDays=1 Tag, since today we're even receiving already shipped orders from a month ago.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
This is still a known issue with no ETA at the moment. Here is an article to help code around the issue, https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=5024

Jourbandts, nothing personal, but I find it kind of funny that eBay wants to talk about best practices while allowing a huge problem like this to go unfixed.
0 Likes 0 ·
I hear you....trust me we are fighting the fight for you guys trying to get this fixed. I was the one that actually wrote that article because I did not want to wait until the issue was resolved. It is a very long story and will not be fixed anytime soon. As long as you look at the in the orders you will avoid fulfilling orders twice, even if orders outside the time range pop up again. Again sorry for the inconvenience.
0 Likes 0 ·
I understand your position as I have been in your shoes before. Keep fighting the good fight. If there's someone that I should contact please let me know - feel free to PM me.
0 Likes 0 ·
briandexter avatar image
0 Likes"
briandexter answered
Well, that doesn't help a lot, I would be glad if this could be fixed, is a major bug, some time ago this worked beautifully, can't be a huge deal either.

Hi Brian. I was able to work around this by changing my query to use 'CreateTimeFrom' and going back a few days. $start_date $zulu_now Completed My database has a unique constraint on the order number so I've had no duplicates. It returns a lot of orders so the query takes a long time. So, not an elegant solution but it works. Hope this helps.
0 Likes 0 ·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
Anyone who has this issue, if you open a ticket it helps us immensely as we can show the PD team how urgent this is, how many it is affecting (everyone), and how much GMV it could potentially cost us. http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/ There is no charge for bug reports.

versanis_de avatar image
0 Likes"
versanis_de answered
Ypu didnt fix this bug for two years!?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.