question

andyastrand avatar image
0 Likes"
andyastrand asked

findItemsAdvanced / Finding API / item startTime / Bad data

Strange problem, started about 3 days ago, when using the findItemsAdvanced() call of the finding API. One of the item fields, startTime, is sporadically returning nonsensical data. Instead of returning the actual auction start time (which I've checked with GetSingleItem) it's returning either 1 or 2 seconds before the epoch. e.g. "1969-12-31T23:59:58.000Z" or "1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z" In testing yesterday, out of 1309 calls to findItemsAdvanced(), each attempting to return 100 items. 1907 items where returned with one of these two bad start times. Not ideal to say the least as the code that's using this is attempting to put the data in a unix time_t and later on tries to mysql it with a FROM_UNIXTIME(). MySql isn't happy with a time_t of -2 and returns NULL. I've put in a work around for the time being (skipping the items completely). Seems to be a clear bug and wasn't happening 4 days ago, to me anyway, has anyone else spotted this, is anyone fixing it?
finditemsadvanced
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
I haven't seen this one, but I do see future dates in startTime pretty regularly. Is the call timestamp correct?
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.