question

bukibe avatar image
0 Likes"
bukibe asked

Problem receiving Task-/FileReferenceID with GetCategorySpecifics.CategorySpecificsFileInfo

On Thursday, 2014-02-20, i started working on a new project. The first step was to retrieve the version of the CategorySpecifics file, for several european marketplaces, to download it. This works fine, the Trading-API returned for de, it, fr, uk and es the fileversions. Today i wanted to combine the logic for retrieving fileversions and download this files, but the Sandbox-API didn't return either the FileReferenceID nor the TaskReferenceID. I didn't changed anything in my code, the API returns no errors or warnings. I tested the request in the API-Test-Tool and the same issue occured. Here's my Request Code for SiteID 77 (germany) X-EBAY-API-COMPATIBILITY-LEVEL:861 X-EBAY-API-DEV-NAME:YOURDEVKEY X-EBAY-API-APP-NAME:YOURAPPKEY X-EBAY-API-CERT-NAME:YOURCERTKEY X-EBAY-API-SITEID:77 X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME:GetCategorySpecifics YOURTOKENHERE 1 861 High Here is the API - response (the same like in my PHP code) 2014-02-26T09:20:21.990Z Success 861 E861_CORE_API_16682003_R1 Thanks in advance to all answers.
getcategoryspecificscategoryspecificsfileinfo
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bukibe avatar image
0 Likes"
bukibe answered
This problem didn't occour in the PRODUCTION- API. So this Question is solved. Beside this, i can't understand why 6 days ago everything works fine in the Sandbox, but today it doesn't. IMO it's not the state of the art to test code in the production-Environment but ...
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

raesell1 avatar image
0 Likes"
raesell1 answered
I have been using GetCategorySpecifics to download the entire zip file of item specifics for almost two years without a problem in the sandbox. Since Feb 15, 2014, the sandbox now reutrns a null TaskId and FileId so when when trying to use the DownloadFile function the error 'Invalid FileId is returned'. Using the same code on the Production environment returns what looks to be a valid TaskId and FileId but when passing these Ids to the production DownloadFile function the error '404 Not Found' message is returned. So, neither the Sandbox nor the Production APIs are working correctly!!!
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.