question

imexpbiz avatar image
0 Likes"
imexpbiz asked

Resolving failed payments & repeated AuctionCheckoutComplete notification

Hi all,

Based on the following documentation, the AuctionCheckoutComplete notification is sent a second time if the initial payment has not gone through: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/guides/features-guide/content/Notifications/Notif-AuctionCheckoutComplete.html

I am trying to connect this notification to an external system for the creation of paid orders and am not sure how to go about it:

1. Do I wait for 1min and make a GetOrder call to confirm that the Order status is still "complete" and has not reverted to "incomplete" due to failed payment before processing further? If so, what is the optimal time period I should wait for to ensure it is longer than your exchange with the payment gateway to ensure the payment has actually cleared?

2. Is there another way I can get a notification that can guarantee that the payment has been done and cleared?

Thank you.

Artem

auctioncheckoutcomplete
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michab2003 avatar image michab2003 commented ·
my advice: I wouldn´t "fully" rely on notifications. you might miss one or it didn´t get delivered.

you should be in control of fetching data not pray to ebay that they will work 100% correctly. I would regularly call GetOrders and check stuff there because the payment status is also included here.

1 Like 1 ·
imexpbiz avatar image imexpbiz michab2003 commented ·
Thanks @michab2003.
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.