question

shumah-45 avatar image
0 Likes"
shumah-45 asked

Create Product REST API ebay

Hi,

I am new to Ebay, can someone help me with the REST API to create the product, I provide the Product info in the createOrReplaceInventoryItem API and it successfully executes, but still I am not able to search the product.

How can we create a product on ebay through REST API??

Thanks in Advance!

ebaylistingproductapisanbox-sellproductdetails
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michab2003 avatar image michab2003 commented ·
creating an inventory item is just half of the job. after that, you have to create an " offer".
0 Likes 0 ·
shumah-45 avatar image shumah-45 michab2003 commented ·

So creating an inventory item > creating offer and then publishing it, will create the product for us, right ? Also, is there any way to fetch the created product, or we can get it only by listing inventory item with the respective SKU ?

0 Likes 0 ·
michab2003 avatar image michab2003 shumah-45 commented ·

you have getItemByLegacyId ---> fetch the created data of the ItemID
you have getOffers
to be clear: if you use the old and very stable trading API, you don´t have to deal with all that inventory crap. with trading, you do an "AddItem" and get directly the ItemID.
but you have to use XML or soap. the inventory concept is completely different, for example, you are NOT allowed to change the ItemID via the ebay frontend, this will break the connection between ItemID, Offer, and Inventory. this whole concept is different ;(

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
jitendra_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
jitendra_developersupport answered

Hi @shumah-45,

To see the flow for listing an item by Inventory API, please refer to the guide mentioned in below.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/static/inventory/inventory-item-to-offer.html

Best regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.