question

shukrarai avatar image
0 Likes"
shukrarai asked

GetCategoriesRequest is not returning full or identical categories as in ebay site

Below is my xml request for ebay trading api --my token- ReturnAll 1 It will return all the ebay categories in xml format and I saved to a local file (cat_tree.xml which is around 6mb). I transferred all data to a mysql table and it has 18,139 rows. While checking some of the categories name and the tree structure, I could not find some of the ebay live category (as of www.ebay.com.au). I did used sandbox and production account to retrieve the category tree xml, but same result in both cases. For example following categories were not in the return xml (or missing categories tree). 1. **Electronics**>Accessories>Power Cables & Connectors 2. **Cars, Bikes, Boats**>Cars>Passenger Vehicles In addition there are some categories in xml whose path are not same as in live ebay site. Am I doing something wrong here? or is this limitation in ebay api? Please help. Thanks.
getcategoriesgetcategoriesrequest
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
davidtsadler avatar image
0 Likes"
davidtsadler answered
You need to ensure that the HTTP header *X-EBAY-API-SITEID* has been set to the correct eBay site ID. For Australia this will be *15*. Since each eBay site has different categories you need to ensure that *X-EBAY-API-SITEID* is set correctly otherwise eBay won't return the category tree for the site that you are interested in.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, it works.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.