question

shehzadsalim786 avatar image
0 Likes"
shehzadsalim786 asked

FindCompletedItemsRequest itemSearchURL is NULL

Hello, I am getting null itemSearchURL when using FindCompletedItemsRequest but if I use FindItemsByKeywordsRequest, itemSearchURL has valid URL Code is as below // Initialize client site configuration ClientConfig config = new ClientConfig(); // Initialize service end-point configration config.EndPointAddress = " http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1"; // set eBay developer accoutn AppID config.ApplicationId = ""; config.GlobalId = "EBAY-GB"; // Create a service client FindingServicePortTypeClient client = FindingServiceClientFactory.getServiceClient(config); // Create request object //FindItemsByKeywordsRequest request = new FindItemsByKeywordsRequest(); FindCompletedItemsRequest request = new FindCompletedItemsRequest(); // Set request parameters request.keywords = keyword; PaginationInput pi = new PaginationInput(); pi.entriesPerPage = 10; pi.entriesPerPageSpecified = true; request.paginationInput = pi; // Call the service //FindItemsByKeywordsResponse response = client.findItemsByKeywords(request); FindCompletedItemsResponse response = client.findCompletedItems(request); Any suggestions why this is happening I have also tried to configure item filter options as below ItemFilter itemFilter1 = new ItemFilter(); itemFilter1.name = ItemFilterType.SoldItemsOnly; itemFilter1.value = new string[] { "true" }; ItemFilter itemFilter2 = new ItemFilter(); itemFilter2.name = ItemFilterType.Condition; itemFilter2.value = new string[] { "3000" }; // 3000 = used ItemFilter[] ifa = new ItemFilter[2]; ifa[0] = itemFilter1; ifa[1] = itemFilter2; request.itemFilter = ifa; But that hasn't made any difference Although I do get results in response from below code SearchItem[] items = response.searchResult.item; But results seems to be different than what is seen on ebay actual site! To check why they are different and also to for app to be compatible, it should show itemSearchURL value, but this object is set to null in case FindCompletedItemsRequest ! Any suggestion or help is much appreciated. Thanks
findcompleteditemsrequest
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Looking at the [docs][1], I'm not seeing itemSearchURL listed as one of the returned data elements for this call. (Have I overlooked something?) [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/CallRef/findCompletedItems.html#findCompletedItemsOutput

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
shehzadsalim786 answered
I was using findItemsByKeywords API and it was returning itemSearchURL value and same object was not filled under findCompletedItemsRequest. You are right that docs does not return itemSearchURL and I should have realized that ! Why I was looking for this value ? *Because results from findCompletedItemsRequest were different, if I search ebay site manually!* I was wondering that if any item filter is wrong or else, why would I get different results! Any suggestion in that regard would be helpful. Thanks

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I think there's expected to be some degree of mismatch between the findCompletedItems results, and what's found on the eBay site. For example, I've noticed that eBay occasionally tweaks on the eBay site how far back completed sales will appear for, even dependant on category sometimes. Conversely, the API call doesn't seem to get adjusted as frequently. But that's all just my casual observation after working with that API call for a couple years now.

0 Likes"
shehzadsalim786 answered
Right ! I was just wondering if there is something I was missing. Anyway Thanks for your help Cheers :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.