question

m_infantry avatar image
0 Likes"
m_infantry asked

What's the proper way to make seller application

Hey. I'm developing an inventory system. It works like this. Any eBay seller can connect his eBay account to the system, import listings, create new listings, manage (update, delete) new/existing listings. Besides import function all other functions use eBay's REST api calls. And now I've faced a trouble. It's that after importing existing listings through getMyeBaySelling xml call I cant update them using REST api's (I'm using updateOffer, createOrReplaceInventoryItem for that). So what api's should I use so that I can update existing listings from the system ? If you suggest to first convert existing listing to published offers using bulkMigrateListing api please tell me if there's disadvantage of that way( after migrating could seller update the listing from eBay UI ?). Thanks !

sellingselling manager
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jitendra_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
jitendra_developersupport answered

Hi @m_infantry,

You can use the eBay's selling APIs for the following use cases:

- Inventory and listing management

- Order management and fulfillment

- Post-order process management (returns, refunds, cancellations)

- Marketing campaign management

- Performance reports

- eBay metadata (site, category, catalog)

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/develop/apis/restful-apis/sell-apis

Also, please go through the guide mentioned in the link below, to see how to develop an eBay selling application.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/static/selling-ig-landing.html

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

m_infantry avatar image m_infantry commented ·

Hi @jitendra_developersupport thank you for your answer.

Could you please tell me what REST or XML apis use in order to import existing listings to the system and managing them (ex. update title, description etc.) from the system? I'm confused by this because the documentation says that I should convert existing eBay Listings to the corresponding Inventory API objects by using bulkMigrateListings api. And my question is if I migrate that listings to Inventory API objects would that objects be updated when the seller updates the listing from eBay UI?

Thank you !

0 Likes 0 ·
m_infantry avatar image
0 Likes"
m_infantry answered

Hi @jitendra_developersupport thank you for your answer.

Could you please tell me what REST or XML apis use in order to import existing listings to the system and managing them (ex. update title, description etc.) from the system? I'm confused by this because the documentation says that I should convert existing eBay Listings to the corresponding Inventory API objects by using bulkMigrateListings api. And my question is if I migrate that listings to Inventory API objects would that objects be updated when the seller updates the listing from eBay UI?

Thank you !

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.