question

vintage-adventures avatar image
0 Likes"
vintage-adventures asked

get results when no keyword results found

With the findItemsByKeywords API, using a URL instead of XML, is it possible to get eBay listings when no keyword results are found? Such as getting listings from a specified category or something like that? Thank you.
finditemsbykeywordskeywordsurl api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
davidtsadler avatar image
0 Likes"
davidtsadler answered
You can use the [findItemsByCategory]( http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/finding/CallRef/findItemsByCategory.html) API. With this you can search for items in specific categories.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you but my question was different than that. I need to use findItemsByKeywords, and the keywords that are used are generated dynamically. Every once in a while, the keyword combination returns no results. I am wondering if a flag can be added to the API URL, so that some type of results list will be served, in the cases where the target results are empty. I have seen this as an option in the simpler widget tools, so that a blank spot on the page does not result, when no listings get returned. Hope that makes more sense. Thanks again.
0 Likes 0 ·
If the results are empty your code will have to handle it and decide what to display. I don't think there is any way with findItemsByKeywords to have some results returned ,even in the event of none matching the specified keywords.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.