question

atticpostcards avatar image
0 Likes"
atticpostcards asked ·

How do you delete an eBay Unsold Item using the Trading API?

How do you delete an eBay 'Unsold Item' using the Trading API? There doesn't appear to be any obvious method in the Call Reference.

apiebaydelete
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
1 Like"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Sure, We will make a note of it Cheers!!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
atticpostcards answered ·
@franhuan6 You could filter the UnsoldList with "DurationInDays" based on the number of days since you last checked the UnSoldList. From the docs for UnsoldList/DurationInDays... "Specifies the time period during which an item was won or lost. Similar to the period drop-down menu in the My eBay user interface. For example, to return the items won or lost in the last week, specify a DurationInDays of 7."

franhuan6 avatar image
0 Likes"
franhuan6 answered ·
Need api to remove the 'unsold list' otherwise, when you call "getMyeBaySelling", it's goona be extremely slow to retrieve the whole list

0 Likes"
atticpostcards answered ·
@jlee2027 3 years since I first asked and still no method provided. :) My guess would be they consider this to be too much of a risk to add to the API. I'd suggest the best approach is to treat the Unsold List as an archive you never delete and maintain your own list of your active and ended listings.

jlee2027 avatar image
0 Likes"
jlee2027 answered ·
I would like this ability added as well.

DevRavi avatar image
0 Likes"
DevRavi answered ·

Had anyone found answer to this question ?

miniature-gardening avatar image
0 Likes"
miniature-gardening answered ·

Same problem: need to delete items from "Unsold" items list via API. Cannot find in eBay SDK docs.

Thanks for any hints!

Ole

epinapala avatar image
0 Likes"
epinapala ,

Best Regards,

Eswara Rajesh Pinapala,

eBay Dvelopers Program Site Engineer.

answered ·

Hello,

Thanks for posting in forums. Can you confirm what you meant my "Unsold Item" ? 

if an item is ended without being sold?(I don't think you meant this).

The item is already ended.

if an item is still active and unsold?

You can use EndItem Call to end the item giving appropriate ending reason in the request.

Please let me know if you were  asking something else.

Thanks

Rajesh

· 4 · Share

Hi,

I have got the same question, how to delete a product once it moves into UNSOLD LIST.

thanks

Umer

0 Likes 0 · ·

Yes, I was asking something else.

If you end an item on eBay, (or an auction ends without a sale), it's placed in 'Unsold listings'. (Click 'Unsold' in 'Selling Manager' in My eBay.) From there you can relist it. But after relisting the old item is still there, though flagged as relisted. To get rid of it (to prevent an accidental double-listing, for instance), you have to manually delete it. (See the 'Action' dropdown in 'Unsold listings' - there's a Delete option there.)

What I want is the API equivalent of that Delete in the Action dropdown.

And sorry for the late reply. It seems I wasn't notified about it...

0 Likes 0 · ·

I have exactly the same question, how can we delete an item from unsold listings?

Our code will end an item (when it's been sold through another channel) automatically but then, if the item is re-stocked, it will attempt to list is again, the AddFixedPriceItem, correctly, failed with duplicate SKU. We then revert to RelistFixedPriceItemCall which succeeds. But, in many (but not all) instances, we find that the item has been  duplicated although for all of our calls.

Mike

0 Likes 0 · ·

Hi,

I have the same question as all the above users. As it stands I can't seem to find an answer listed above or through searching around, so am I right in thinking that this functionality doesn't exist?

If there is an answer then can we get it posted on here?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.