question

btpd2687 avatar image
0 Likes"
btpd2687 asked

X-EBAY-SIGNATURE

I integrated to eBay Marketplace Account Deletion/Closure Notifications Workflow. It is working successfully. Now, I wanted to write a test method but I don't know what the X-EBAY-SIGNATURE looks like? It is coming from the header but I couldn't find a sample request with the header. Could you please help me with this issue? How can I find a sample with X-EBAY-SIGNATURE header?

marketplace account deletion notifications
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jitendra_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
jitendra_developersupport answered

Hi @btpd2687,

The following procedure can be used to manually process the notification and validate the message payload integrity:

1. Use a Base64 function to decode the X-EBAY-SIGNATURE header and retrieve the public key ID and the signature.
  2. Call the getPublicKey Notification API method, passing in the public key ID ("kid") retrieved from the decoded signature header.
  3. Initialize the cryptographic library to perform the verification with the public key that is returned from the getPublicKey method.

For more information regarding the "Verifying the validity of an eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notification", please go through the link give below.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/marketplace-account-deletion

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

btpd2687 avatar image
0 Likes"
btpd2687 answered

Hi @ jitandra,

I am not asking how can I do it manually. I am just asking where can I find a sample request that has X-EBAY-SIGNATURE in the header.

10 |600

melin.da_74 avatar image
0 Likes"
melin.da_74 answered

I am also facing exact same issue. Is your issue resloved? any recommendation how to solve this issue.? Can any one please help?

10 |600

jitendra_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
jitendra_developersupport answered

Hi @btpd2687 @btpd2687,

You can find the x-ebay-signature header in the response headers for the eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notification.

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.