question

rocata_7086 avatar image
0 Likes"
rocata_7086 asked

Need the price range of an item group using browse API search

When using search in eBay website you'll get the minimum and maximum prices for an item with multiple variations. How can we achieve the same using Browse API search "/item_summary/search"?

Currently only one price is returned in the API but it's not the lowest or even the highest price. If we can't get the minimum and maximum prices for an item group, is it possible to get the lowest price of an item group at least it's more appealing to the buyers when using the Browse API search.

P.S I'm not talking about the sort by lowest or highest price, I'm talking about an item group with multiple variations using Browse API search.

Image for reference:

searchbrowse api
1653032671523.png (229.7 KiB)
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jitendra_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
jitendra_developersupport answered

Hi @rocata_7086,

When you execute the search call of Browse API, it will return the itemGroupHref in the response of call for the variation listings. You can this URL to execute the getItemsByItemGroup call to get the details of the individual items in an item group such as the prices of all variations.

An item group is an item that has various aspect differences, such as color, size, storage capacity, etc.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/browse/resources/item_summary/methods/search#response.itemSummaries.itemGroupHref

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/browse/resources/item/methods/getItemsByItemGroup

Best regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rocata_7086 avatar image
0 Likes"
rocata_7086 answered

@jitendra_developersupport

Thanks for your response.

Yeah we can use 'getItemsByItemGroup' but that means I have to execute it on every item returned by the search results.

So if I searched for an item 'Lego' and the search results returned over 100+ items that means that I have to execute 'getItemsByItemGroup' 100+ times to show the price range of an item group in the search results? That is not possible since it will eat up all our API limits and would take long to finish them all.

What I'm saying is to get the price range of an item group using "/item_summary/search" because we will be showing it in our search results similar to how eBay works - see previously attached file.

P.S I posted this as an answer because I can't seem to comment on your post.

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.