question

thecarcomparison avatar image
0 Likes"
thecarcomparison asked

Browse API not returning expected amount of results, but Finding API does...

I am trying to retrieve cars from Ebay GB's Cars category 9801. After testing the Browse API endpoint using Postman, I was unable to retain the results I expected. Please see below for details:

Using the Browse API for search for "Land Rover Range Rover Evoque" using the q param:
URL: https://api.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item_summary/search?q=Land%20Rover%20Range%20Rover%20Evoque&category_ids=9801&limit=100
Total Results: 17

Using the Browse API for search for "Land Rover Range Rover Evoque" using aspect filters:
URL: https://api.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item_summary/search?aspect_filter=categoryId%3A9801%2CManufacturer%3A%7BLand%20Rover%7D%2CModel%3A%7BRange%20Rover%20Evoque%7D&limit=100&category_ids=9801
Total Results: 15

Using the Traditional API - findItemsAdvanced
URL: https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=xxxxxxxxxx&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD&categoryId=9801&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB&OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&aspectFilter(0).aspectName=Manufacturer&aspectFilter(0).aspectValueName=Land%20Rover&aspectFilter(1).aspectName=Model&aspectFilter(1).aspectValueName=Range Rover Evoque
Total Results: 100

As you can see from our above experiments, the Browse API does not return anywhere near the expected results.

I would really like to use the Browse API over the Traditional Finding API, anybody else have this issue or see something wrong with my Browse URL's?

Another note: Can I return ItemSpecifics (e.g. car mileage and colour) with this endpoint or do I have to use the Shopping API and use GetMultipleItems using the Product IDs?

Thanks in advance

finding-apibrowse apinumber of results
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

what a beautiful demonstration (and confirmation) why i will stick with the traditional apis for the next 100 years....
1 Like 1 ·
This is genuinely useful..
0 Likes 0 ·
a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo answered

This is because Browse API doesn’t return classified ad listings (which nearly all vehicle listing use) whereas Finding API does. Raised with eBay a while back and they said “eBay no longer supports classified ad listings” which makes absolutely no sense when there are literally 1000’s of listings using this type.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

From the May 5th BrowseAPI release notes:

CLASSIFIED_AD has been added as a new option for the buyingOptions filter and the BUYING_OPTIONS_REFINEMENT fieldgroup.
0 Likes 0 ·
fariba.62 avatar image
-2 Likes"
fariba.62 answered

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

MyMileStoneCard Login

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.