question

seattlemagpies1 avatar image
0 Likes"
seattlemagpies1 asked

Getting list of items ready to ship - orderfulfillmentstatus:{NOT_STARTED|IN_PROGRESS} not working

This API call has been driving me bananas for months. We are trying to return a list of items that are ready to ship, but the list keeps getting populated with items that had already been shipped.

After much experimenting, I discovered that the API does not consider it fulfilled or complete until there is a confirmation of the item being scanned (many of the items were things I'd shipped but weren't picked up yet by the carrier). For the purposes of my app, once a label is printed, the fulfillment is complete. However, the API doesn't have a way to filter or return carrier scan status.

How can I filter these items out of my ship list?

fulfillment api
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
seattlemagpies1 answered

Did some additional checking, turns out you can get the scan status here: Get Shipment Tracking Info - eBay Post-Order API Reference

But now, in order to get a ship items action list, it requires an additional call to compare the items from the fulfillment call with their post order scan status. Seems an obvious oversight...fulfulled order status should not be dependent on carrier scan.

Still would like to know the best way to achieve this.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
seattlemagpies1 answered

Thanks, so my idea was correct, you have to do get orders then search an array of those orders for carrier scan?

10 |600

0 Likes"
seattlemagpies1 answered

The documentation on this is non existent. It seems a common enough need that they’d have some guidance and samples.

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.