question

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 asked ·

User Profile Bug?

On one's User Profile page, the (My) Preferences page - when I try to update Company/Website/Location, it doesn't save. I've tried 2 different browsers. Is anyone able to successfully save data in those fields? (When testing, be sure to exit the page and re-visit it.) Also, while on the topic of the User Profile page, it would be nice to have the option to display or hide our personal name. Like with many forums, a certain level of anonymity is expected/appreciated.
bugprofilesuggesstionsuggestion
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cute-otter avatar image
0 Likes"
cute-otter answered ·
Great news.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·

It looks like the "personal name exposure bug" has been fixed, or at least is now user adjustable. There's a Real Name field in the forum profile preferences/settings which seems to work in replacing the registered eBay name.

Another solution which I just tested is by updating the registered name for the entire eBay account, which updates the forum Real Name pretty quickly.

Thanks, eBay, for addressing this issue.

cute-otter avatar image
0 Likes"
cute-otter answered ·
Hello. This is major issue, real name showing, nowhere should it be visible... not to mention Google has index the pages and come up on search! A little privacy wouldn't hurt... Please do something about it (I am referring to the admins).

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.