question

jamclau-6926 avatar image
0 Likes"
jamclau-6926 asked

Can I get additional fields using the Browse API?

Hello,

I am using the Browse API to search for cars. Because I’m U.K. based, I am unable to use EBAY-MOTORS so need to use EBAY-GB. I aim to search by category (although there is a busy thread about the searching by category issue!).

I’d like to return specific results for this, such as mileage, engine size, transmission etc.

I can’t see a way to do this from the docs and so far have only seen that the Shopping API allows you to getMultipleItems. Is this the only way to get the additional fields?

Feels weird getting 100 cars, then firing off another 5 requests (can get max 20 per time with multiple items) to get their specific details. Ideally I need to get as many as cars as possible so I’m worried that I’ll start hitting rate limits once I have a lot of traffic.

Any guidance appreciated!

browse apiebay motors
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jitendra_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
jitendra_developersupport answered

Hi @jamclau-6926,

Please use the fieldgroups as ASPECT_REFINEMENTS in the search call of Browse API to get the all of the aspect refinements on an item.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/browse/resources/item_summary/methods/search#uri.fieldgroups

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.