question

morielhezi avatar image
0 Likes"
morielhezi asked

Analytics LISTING_VIEWS_TOTAL does not match Views counter (Hit Counter)

In preparation for the upcoming deprecation of the Hit Counter, I was trying to use data from the Analytics API. Yet, the LISTING_VIEWS_TOTAL which was supposed to be the equivalent to the Hit Counter (for any given listing) seems to be lower that the Views Count for the listing,

What would be the best way to get the closest value to the current Hit Counter?

gettrafficreportanalytics apitraffic reporthitcounthitcounter
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robpav_7497 avatar image
0 Likes"
robpav_7497 answered

Apparently don't work

Tried sometims with LISTING_IMPRESSION_TOTAL and LISTING_VIEW_TOTAL and I receive as per result 1 and 1 for EVERY item

In addition I'm looking for a methiod to cycle inside items for retrieve all data (the api return 200 items only)

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

morielhezi avatar image
0 Likes"
morielhezi answered

Thnx,

Yet, while those two analytics metrics may yield the same value none of them equals the HitCounter you see on the item's listing page (as a seller) or that is returned via the GetSingleItem.

As of the 200, I thought this limit was only relevant if you use the listing ids filter. Have you tried just using the time span filter (date_range)?

10 |600

robpav_7497 avatar image
0 Likes"
robpav_7497 answered

I pass time range. And the result is 200 items only.

The only method to rietreve data for all items is to use ItemID filter (listing_ids). This means I pass at every call lot lot data

10 |600

morielhezi avatar image
0 Likes"
morielhezi answered

pity indeed that they have placed this limit. Sorry i cannot be of help.. Thnx

10 |600

robpav_7497 avatar image
0 Likes"
robpav_7497 answered

I have opened a pay ticket. And I wait for an answer regarding LISTING_IMPRESSION_TOTAL and LISTING_VIEW_TOTAL

I post the answer when (and if) I receive an answer

10 |600

morielhezi avatar image
0 Likes"
morielhezi answered

Appreciated. Thank you very much.

10 |600

robpav_7497 avatar image
0 Likes"
robpav_7497 answered
10 |600

morielhezi avatar image
0 Likes"
morielhezi answered

hi again,

You mention that you get the same exact values as the HitCounter (Views) for the item.

Which of the parameters gets you the same HitCount value? Is is the LISTING_VIEWS_TOTAL or the LISTING_IMPRESSION_TOTAL?

Thnx

10 |600

morielhezi avatar image
0 Likes"
morielhezi answered

In my case, for the vast majority of the my item the HitCounter shown on the listing page (which matches the HitCounter returned under GetItem) is higher than the value returned in the LISTING_VIEWS_TOTAL ....

10 |600

morielhezi avatar image
0 Likes"
morielhezi answered

I am STILL getting lower HitCount values on the Analytics API (when compared to the counter on the listing and also to the matching HitCounter value returned in the GetItem).

I refer to the value returned in the LISTING_VIEWS_TOTAL

My query string format looks like that:

QueryString: {'filter': 'marketplace_ids:{EBAY_US},date_range:[20220408..20220417],listing_ids:{15494...|154946...|15491...}', 'dimension': 'LISTING', 'metric': ('CLICK_THROUGH_RATE', 'LISTING_VIEWS_TOTAL', 'LISTING_IMPRESSION_SEARCH_RESULTS_PAGE')}

Does anybody have an idea why that would happen?

(BTW- It happens both, for the US marketplace and also for the GB marketplace).

I fear that the LISTING_VIEWS_TOTAL does NOT reflect the true views counter, for some reason...

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.