question

jm_chasco avatar image
0 Likes"
jm_chasco asked

Browse API throttle

Looks like something changed on Browse API limits per second. Is any one aware of any change ? or what's the limit per second of API (Browse) calls ? o any other throttle condition ?
Since yesterday/today my app started to run into intermittent API calls limit reached while nothing changed by my side.

api-limit
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

API Gateway throttles requests to your API using the token bucket algorithm, where a token counts for a request. Specifically, API Gateway examines the rate and a burst of request submissions against all APIs in your account, per Region. In the token bucket algorithm, a burst can allow pre-defined overrun of those limits, but other factors can also cause limits to be overrun in some cases.

Staples Advantage Account

-1 Like -1 ·
Make sense, but as far as i'm seeing today, it happens by region, so it's impossible to set a throttle.. i'm current throttling in a rate that will do less api calls in a day than my account limit, but anyway some regions outputs the api call limit in some calls.. :(
0 Likes 0 ·
jm_chasco avatar image
0 Likes"
jm_chasco answered

On the new day (Pacific time), everything seems to working as in the past.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jm_chasco avatar image
0 Likes"
jm_chasco answered

No. Is not normal. :( a throttle is being applied different to what it was before.

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.