question

s-jacobs avatar image
0 Likes"
s-jacobs asked

A buyer purchased an item and completed the transactions (ebay+paypal) from me but TransactionType object's TransactionID value is STILL "0" (sdk call GetSellerTransactionsCall)

When calling GetSellerTransactionsCall(apiContext) in the SDK I receive a list of all transactions based on a time filter (last 30 days). I iterate through the results provided in the TransactionTypeCollection object. For each TransactionType I check to see TransactionID != "0"... I assumed to this ALWAYS be true. Recently a buyer purchased an item from me, paid with paypal, all transactions have a status = "COMPLETE" but this TransactionID field in the TransactionType object still says "0". I don't see how a completed eBay + Paypal transaction can occur yet this field still has a value of "0"? Anybody else experience this? **** ADDING TO THIS***** so after further research I noticed the MonetaryDetails object has a count of 0 but the ExternalTransactions object has a count of 1 (the paypal transaction I am looking for).... I was told to use MonetaryDetails instead of the deprecated ExternalTransactions.... why are these objects inconsistently populated?
transactionidgetsellertransactionscall
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hello s-jacobs, Whether your items are auction items? The TransactionID for an auction item will always be 0(zero). http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/GetSellerTransactions.html#Response.TransactionArray.Transaction.TransactionID Hope this clarifies your question Devanathan Sampath, eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

s-jacobs avatar image
0 Likes"
s-jacobs answered
Thanks for the response. OK I see TransactionIDs are only for non auction items... that is not intuitive but it's in the docs so fair enough. Now my follow up question to this would be how can one tell if ANY item has been sold using the GetSellerTransactionsCall? Before I was incorrectly doing this by checking to see if TransactionID != "0"

devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hello s-jacobs, An itemID is returned in the GetSellerTransactionsCall only it is sold. Because this call returns only transaction details that were created within the CreateTime filter or transaction details that were modified within the ModTime filter. Hope this clarifies your question Devanathan Sampath, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.